Thursday, July 10, 2008

Another Day - Not a Word

Tuesday I was asked to re-do one letter.  A simple letter - just remove the notary.  Everything else had been accepted by the judge.  The email said that if I was able to email a color copy of the revised letter that morning than the judge could assign a court date.  I sent the letter.  I figure a day for translation - Wednesday - and a day to deliver and assign the date - Thursday - today.  But, nothing.  It's 9:25 AM Friday in Ekaterinburg - I'm hoping that they assign the date and tomorrow morning I will get the word.  But, everyday I think it's going to be the day.  

In order to make it before the judges vacation,  I have tomorrow and a few days next week to get a date - after that I think it's too late.  Another week I suppose I'll know for sure whether it's this month or next Fall.  It's crazy that this is not handled better.  I can't believe the judge would want to go over all of the documents a second time after they're all renewed.  Just about every document will expire if I don't get there this month so, basically, we'll all be starting over.  It just makes no sense.  I have to believe it will be this month.

CM must be very busy with Nicholas - there have been no postings since the day she picked him up at the orphanage!   They should be in Moscow right now getting to know each other and finalizing his departure.   I can't wait to see pictures of little Nicholas and the many pictures she  took of the girls before leaving the orphanage.

Hoping for tomorrow . . . 

No comments: