Tuesday, September 30, 2008

From Chelyabinsk

We don't have email but Sasha is letting us use her internet card for just a few minutes. I wanted to just quickly say that we are really have a great time in Chelyabinsk. I miss the girls but it is great to be here and Sasha is really showing us the City in a way that I didn't see it before. We've ridden the train from Ekat, the bus and trolley here and walked what seems to be the whole city. It's come a long way in the 3 years since I've been here. Stacy - you would be shocked at the additions! Katy did very well with only a couple of issues. I really miss the girls but we will be back in Ekat soon.

Gotta go - Sasha's making us a great vegetable dinner right now!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi from Old Julian.
Glad you are having a great time and seeing all that you didn't see before in Chelyabinsk. I am glad that you took the time to revisit there when the pace is a little slower and with your behind the scenes tour guide, Sasha : ) Has Katy asked any questions about Chelyabinsk or the orphanage?
Enjoy your time with Katy but I know it is hard not having the girls with you. Think of it as your last hurrah together. : ) Love from all of us!

Melissa said...

I am glad you're having a great time. Will you be seeing the orphanage that Katy is from? How is she doing visiting there? Enjoy your last moments together before you get your girls.
Melissa

Laura said...

Hey, Lori! Sounds like a great get-away for a few days before back to Ekat and becoming one big family. I have some great pics from dinner at the Park Inn that I'll e-mail you. Enjoy your time and we look forward to meeting ALL of you when you come back home.

~Laura and Jon