Sunday, October 12, 2008

We're Not in Moscow anymore

We are so glad to be home.  All 3 girls are doing very well.  I wish I could say it was an uneventful trip home but, it wasn't.  A woman died on the plane about 2 hours out of Moscow and, as surprising as it was, we just kept going.  She was on the plane for 9 1/2 more hours!  There was an investigation after we landed which took a long time and was difficult with our little baby train.  But, we go through and emerged as a group of 6 US Citizens which was when I knew I could finally relax and we were truly done.  I still had a 2 1/2 hour drive and was exhausted but everything looked so pretty, clean and well-organized that I was excited about seeing things.  I've never thought that LA or So. Cal was very pretty around the main freeways but after having spent 5 weeks throughout the Urals in Russia, the US looks incredible.  Everything works and is clean and, the workmanship here is so good and solid while over there even the new buildings were done poorly.

But, more importantly, our friends and family were there to great us and it was so great to see everyone.  As soon as I had my 3 girls lined up in their car seats in the car, we took off.  Camryn immediately started  her excited chatter and Katy chimed in which lead Courtney in as well.  They were so cute together.  Then Katy asked for one of her favorite songs and when it came on they all 3 started rocking out to it.  Lots of fun!

Coming home was so great - so much home-cooked food, the house was all baby proofed and ready for the girls and me to settle in without having to do anything.  I'm always amazed at how lucky I am with my family which has been the driving factor in wanting more children.  I want my children to have what I have when they are adults and I hope they are so lucky to be able to get a long as well and be as helpful as we all do.   Katy was so happy to see everyone and introduce them to her sisters so it was really fun.  We had family and friends stopping by most of the day and, although initially I was concerned about over stimulation, etc., the girls handled everything so well and really enjoyed playing outdoors with the other kids.  They fit right in and were not shy at all with the kids.    I think they did really well and know that they are going to enjoy our friends and family as much as Katy and I do and visa versa.  

Courtney is like a different kid already.  Her coloring is better, she's eating food, drinking out of a sippy cup, smiling, playing, is friendly and happy.  I can't imagine what she will be like an a week or even a month.  Camryn was already doing all of those things and she is just so happy.  Tonight we were playing in the play room and Camryn decided she was tired.  There were 3 other adults in the room but she came to me and crawled up on me.  She laid on me for about 5 minutes and then fell asleep.  It was months before Katy would have done that even if I had been the only person in the room.  She'll do it now but she's so active that it's not often that she'll admit to being tired.  It was very sweet.

There's lots more to tell but I am still exhausted from the trip and need to sleep when I can.  I'll update more later on how the girls are doing . . . I love the response I get from the blog and the stories that it generates and the people I have met through it.  It's really added a whole new element to this adoption that I didn't have with Katy's and I can't wait for the girls to read it someday.   I have so many people to thank for things while I was gone and so much to catch up on that it's a little overwhelming.  Katy's back at school tomorrow so that will help free up a little time to start the process.   But for now, I have 3 sleeping girls so I must sleep too!


5 comments:

Melissa said...

Welcome home! That is wonderful news. I am so excited for you and the girls.
Melissa

Anonymous said...

We were so happy to welcome you all back home and to meet the girls...Courtney gave me the biggest and longest hug when I was at the door. I will never forget that..... Glad you are back safe and sound.
The girls are soooo cute and with the greatest smiles. Courtney was even drinking from a water bottle for me.... : ) Camyrn and I read a book together too. NAY! was her favorie word. Katy was introducing her sisters and playing very well with them.

It won't take any time at all for you to be MOM. Camryn showed that last night.

We are so happy for you and your girls.
Nana and Clan from Old Julian

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Welcome home! I'm so thrilled for you, Lori.

How crazy that someone died on the plane. Good grief, girl.

hugs, cm

Laura said...

***WELCOME HOME!!!***

Just so thrilled to hear that you and the girls are safely home. We know you'll be busy but that won't keep me from checking your blog looking for any info & pictures of the girls' new life as part of your family. Katy, Camryn and Courtney are all very, very blessed...and I know you feel blessed, too.

Congrats!

L&J

Melissa said...

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. They are very helpful. I want to email you but I can't seem to find your email address. You can reach me at Khamele@sbcglobal.net

Thanks again!
Melissa