Sunday, November 2, 2008

A very sad farewell to our much loved Teddy Bear


Teddy Bear, our Akita Shepherd lost his year long battle with cancer on Friday.  He was so loved by his family and friends and I will always be grateful to him for how wonderful he was with all of the children in his life.  I have so many hilarious (and expensive) Teddy stories like the day he chased my horses with a turkey vulture in his mouth and I had to take the turkey vulture to the rescue center.  And, there was the time that he ate the front end of my car while trying to get the bunny out - as my brother had taught him to do (get the critter away from the car).  And, the time he chased the squirrel into the drain pipe on my barn and greeted me when I got home with a 8 or 10' section of pipe with a bulge in the middle with teeth marks in it.  The bulge, of course, was  the squirrel.  I could go on and on about Teddy but he was the sweetest, most lovable dog I've ever known and I will really miss him as I know Bushia and all the Old Julian crew will too.    

Katy had just watched "All Dogs Go to Heaven" and when I told her that Teddy died she said she was going to sneak into my car at night (SCARY - she's only 4) and drive to Heaven and tell Teddy that all dogs are not suppose to go to Heaven and she was going to bring him back.   I wish she could bring him back happy and healthy as he will be remembered.



No comments: