Monday, July 21, 2008

More bad news from Ekaterinburg

Today an Ekat family posted that the judge has decided not to extend an invitation for court to them.  They visited in October and met a now 3 year old boy.  I don't know all of the details as to why the judge has decided to deny their adoption but just the fact that she can do that at this point is very discouraging and scary.   This particular family is working with an agency affiliated with my agency - she's very angry and upset since they've been jumping through hoops to get documents since October and only learned this today.  My agency has told me that the reasons this family was denied don't apply to me but, although that provided some relief, it doesn't make me feel very comfortable or confident about what's ahead.   

No comments: