Friday, September 26, 2008

The Day Has Finally Arrived!

3:30 PM

It is with great relief and happiness that I get to report today that after 2 hours of being grilled by the judge and by the prosecutor, they both felt that it was in the best interest of the girls to allow me to adopt them! Yeah - it is finally over and I can sleep at night - at least until October 8th or 9th when we go to pick them up!

It was worse then expected and better then expected. So many details of the proceeding are lost already as it was constant question and answer - I felt that I was defending myself throughout the entire proceeding but, once the official hearing was over, everyone was very nice and complimentary.

I'll write more later but, for now - the last 10 months of waiting, worrying and wondering is over!!! I can't describe what a relief it is and, I'm not even sorry that the judge did not waive the 10 day wait. I can try to regroup now and put the last 10 months behind me prior to picking the girls up and starting a brand new chapter! I can now truly make plans and get excited about the girls joining our family without the fear that it might not actually ever happen. It is a great day!

Megan- I don't know if my email has made it through yet but I wanted to let you know that we're ready for you as soon as you and Adrienne can get you on a plane! Just let me know details and we'll coordinate with the agency.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeahhh! Congratulations on making it through court! I am so relived to hear that that part of your journey is over. Do the girls understand that they are going to be leaving with you soon? Or are their experiences so limited that even saying that doesn't make any sense to them? I can't wait to see all of you!

Chris

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS FROM ALL OF US ON OLD JULIAN/HARDESTY PETTING ZOO FARM. LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL VERY SOON.
DUH AND ANNA SAYS "DON'T FORGET KATY'S GAME".....: )
BE SAFE AND CAREFUL IN YOUR TRAVELS

Melissa said...

Congrats! I am thrilled for you and the girls. What a great day. I look forward to lots of pictures soon.
Melissa

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

I am SO SO SO thrilled for you that it's over.

'It's over' is so surreal, I know.

Bless your heart.

I am crying happy tears for you!

cm

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!