Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Saturday deliveries

5 days and counting.  The other shoe has not dropped - in fact, things seem to be falling in place.   
It seems all my missing documents should be in my hands by Saturday afternoon.  I have 3 Saturday deliveries scheduled to come to my home.  There was a problem (of course there was) with the visas.  They had to re-do the invitations again so I won't have those until Saturday.  The FBI clearance report is being sent out today in my self addressed overnight envelope - I'll then overnight it to the agency who will go get it apostilled along with my last 8 medical - they'll then overnight those to me for Saturday arrival.  Most surprising of all, the Department of Behavioral Sciences has said that they will rush my request and the certifications can be picked up on Friday.  I have "Notary on Wheels" in Sacramento picking them up, taking them to be apostilled at the Secretary of State and overnighting them to me for Saturday arrival.  

Phew!  I hope it all goes according to plan - is that too much to hope for?  By the way, Notary on Wheels in Sacramento is a great California resource.  Most agencies I think use her but she does much more than obtain apostilles.  If anyone needs her contact information, send a comment below and I'll forward it . . . 

I've also got my airport transport arranged - that was a little tricky because of 6 people coming home including 3 car seats!  But, Kristine who brought Stephanie home from Chelyabinsk last December has offered her help so that's one less big worry for me.  Thank you Kristine!  

Katy is so excited about this trip - I dropped her off at pre-school this morning and everyone knows that she's going to Russia to get her sisters.  One of the moms was asking her questions about her trip and her answers were so cute.  She's got it worked out in her head about what she's going to teach her sisters and how she's going to help take care of them.  I think she'll have some issues about sharing (sharing people especially) but, I do think she's going to love having them with us.    

So, we're close and I'm starting to feel optimistic and like some weight has been lifted from me.  The regional conflicts seem to be quieted down, paperwork is coming in and my phone is not ringing so that's all great news for now.  I will be on guard though until the judge sets a date.  As we all know by now, anything can happen.





1 comment:

Melissa said...

I came upon your blog from Carla's (Bringing Up Nicholas). My husband and I met her and her husband as well as 3 other couples in Ekat on our first trip in late June. We were in shell-shock I think and it was great to meet other couples who were going through the same experiences. Reading both hers and your blog is very helpful too. I can see what I can look forward to and the roadblocks that I might face. We just completed our court documents after our first trip and I sent them to our agency yesterday. We'll see what the judge will do with them. We are hoping to return before the new year, roughly 6 months wait. We'll see how that goes. I do know that we are dealing with the guy judge who it seems is a little easier. I'm not sure. But, any helpful hints are calming words, while we wait for our court date to go get our now 16 month old son, are always welcome. You can visit my blog as well and post comments at www.adoptingcolby.blogspot.com Looking forward to hearing from a fellow Ekat adoptive parent.

Melissa