Friday, September 5, 2008

Talk about suspense . . .

As expected, I received the FBI Report yesterday and overnighted it to AO.  That delivery was successful and Michelle was able to get it apostilled.  She's overnighting it back to me for Saturday delivery - UPS.  Debra Prentice from Notary on Wheels called me at 5 and told me she was dropping the two apostilled letters from the Board of Behavioral Sciences off at the UPS Store for Saturday delivery.    Frank Foundation (AO's partner) called and advised that the passports/visas were on the way and would be here on Saturday via Fed Ex.  Then one more call from Franks about another package coming via Fed Ex that I'm carrying for another family.   There's still a lot that has to go well but, so far so good.  I'll have a little time Monday morning to track things down if they don't arrive but that would be cutting it way too close.  

I had 4 hours today between work and picking Katy up at her last day of pre-school for a while and I got so much done.  I had things charging all over the house . . . the laptop, the Leapster, the digital camera, the video camera, the Amazon Kindle, IPod - all necessities for the long trip with a 3 year old.  I've got Katy pretty well packed but haven't started mine.   I spent about 2 hours going through three copies of dossier documents I have and tried to compile all of the most recent documents together.  That was a mess but once the remaining documents get here tomorrow I can finish it - it's about 500 sheets of paper and I have to hand carry it which will take up a lot of my carry on room!    I completed the photo album of the first visits with the girls which I believe the judge wants to see and, I downloaded (still downloading) about 16 hours of kids movies and cartoons on the IPOD in the hopes that it will keep Katy entertained on the plane and 5 hours in the car on days we'll be visiting the girls. 

 I think it was a pretty successful day and I'm hoping that tomorrow will be equally successful.  Here's to hoping UPS and Fed Ex pull it off!  
  
 

3 comments:

Melissa said...

A quick question. We also have a lot of electronics that we brought on our first trip and will bring on the second but the converter we bought wasn't the right one. It had a flat surface and the outlits in Russia were sunken in. Do you know where to find the right convertor? I especially want to bring a laptop with us on the last trip to keep family updated. Our cell phones don't work in Russia.
Melissa

lh said...

Hello Melissa,

I think they're European #4 but you'll have to look. I got mine at Amazon. If you're not traveling in the next couple of months I can send you mine when we get back with the girls as I don't plan on going back again!

Melissa said...

That would be great if you could send yours. We just sent in our court documents and are waiting to see what the judge has to say. We don't expect to go back to Yekaterinburg until Dec at the earliest. Although I wish it were sooner. I'd love it if you would email me at Khamele@sbcglobal.net I could use someone else to correspond with. I wish you a very safe journey. Congrats on the twins. I look forward to seeing some pictures.
Melissa