Saturday, January 3, 2009


We had a visit from "cowboy" Jim today and Katy was very excited to get to spend some time as Jim's little "cowgirl".  She loves sitting up on Dancer and has no fear (but, I do!).  




It was an extremely unusual morning as the twins were up long before Katy who didn't wake up until 8 AM!  She normally wakes up at 5:30 and the twins about an hour later but today I had to ask them to play in their room for a while so as not to wake their sister up.  I went in to check on them and this is how I found them - just sitting patiently together waiting for me.  


Everybody had to have a turn being a puppy and having a sister walk them around.   They made the green ribbon into a leash (completely on their own) and I'm not sure where the pink ears came from!   It is amazing how much the imagination is exercised when they are left "on their own".  





More Mamma Mia . . . Katy picked out the clothes for her sisters for our little New Year's Eve outing and she dressed everyone as a Mamma Mia character.  She really only listens and watches the songs (the story is way above her head and boring to her - thankfully!) so I was a little confused by the characters.  She is Sophie and is carrying Sophie's diary.  She was reading it to her sisters telling them "they danced on the beach, they kissed on the beach and dot dot dot - yikes!).  Her sisters were then picking up the diary and saying "dot dot dot"!  She dressed them up as the "bad boys" of which there are none in the movie.  I had her point them out to me in the movie and it turns out that they were two of the potential fathers.   Like some of the other music she has discovered, it's not exactly appropriate for a 4 year old but I'm finding it difficult to keep up with her "thirst" for song & dance with Disney or age appropriate material.  I am searching though!   

I'm sure tomorrow will hold many more memorable and entertaining moments!  

1 comment:

AdoptaMama said...

Cute pictures! Katy looks so tiny on that horse!

I've not seem 'Mama Mia' yet, but it's on my PPV list of things to watch. I attempted to introduce my girls to the music of 'Grease' by way of the dancing scenes but about 10 seconds into one of the songs ('Hand Jive' maybe?), I had to pull rank and stop the video. There was so much innuendo & indecent touching that I couldn't allow them to keep watching. (I can't believe my parents let me go to the theater to see it as an innocent, naive 13 year old!).

We've watched 'The Sound of Music' early on, though, and they enjoy that. The DVD has the option to watch only the musical scenes, which is great. They beg to watch the entire movie and we did once but it was obviously way over their heads. They did sit through it, though. Three very long hours!

I know 'The Sound of Music' can't be anywhere near the excitement of 'Mama Mia,' but the music is beautiful and there are kids involved, so maybe it will hold your girls' interests?

(As an aside, I had a dream about you the other night. Freaky, I know. It was just you and C & C, though. No Katy. :( My family was there and everyone was wondering what you did for a living, that you were able to be home with your girls. Our girls got along wonderfully, and mine were your girls' ages, but mine weren't twins, still just sisters. Very peculiar. Just thought I'd share. :))