Monday, August 18, 2008

The story today is . . .

Maybe there isn't a packet.  Or, maybe there is.  Nobody seems to really know.  The only piece of information that has not changed is that the judge has asked for the girls documents to be there for her on the 15th.  Nobody seems to be able to understand Olga or Olga's story keeps changing - they can't figure it out and are also very frustrated.  

So, today another call from the director of my agency which usually doesn't bring good news - at least it hasn't so far.   Nobody really had any advice on what I should do - just explained the situation of really not knowing what is going on and understanding that they probably won't until after the judge returns.  So, one thought was that I should hold off on traveling until after the judge's return and we can establish what it was that she really wanted me to do.  

Based on past experience, I'm told, that when the judge asks for the child's documents then a court date follows very soon unless there are problems with the paperwork, which is unusual.  The judge has already, apparently, looked at my documents so there shouldn't be any other requests other than getting the renewals that I've been working on. 

With the fragmented, unconfirmed information that I do have, I'm still planning to go on the 8th for arrival on the 10th.  I'm getting a 90 day visa and an open ticket so I can stay if a court date seems to be coming in the near future.   Otherwise, it will be the visit I had planned for this week.    It's really unfortunate that they (she) had me cancel that trip and then have all of the reasons for it unravel.  It's all been so strange but I don't know what to do other than go see the girls and hope to get a court date sometime in September or early October.    

This certainly has dimmed my excitement regarding the trip but it will be good to get back there and spend time with the girls.  I only hope that they will be with us when we return.

No comments: