Friday, August 22, 2008

The good news is

there was no news today.  The other shoe has not dropped - every quiet day brings a little more confidence that we may make it back there.  Finally, a quiet Friday with nothing looming over me for the next two days.   I may even begin preparing for the trip although I'm still afraid to get too far in the planning as things change so much.  I don't want to jinx anything!  Hopefully next week will be as quiet as this week was!  

More good news . . . I found some Russian adoption blogs of families waiting for court - one of who has a court date in two days.  That provides some relief as I have been worried about the conflict between governments right now over the Georgia crisis.   And, I read about families waiting in two different regions and they were 8 months out and still waiting.   It's sad so many children and families are waiting so long but it does provide some comfort that my situation is typical as I'm 9 months out right now.  Hopefully our journey is nearing completion.


No comments: