Friday, August 15, 2008

Has it only been 4 days?

So many different stories in the last 4 days.  So many stops and starts, hopes and dashed hopes.

  
Tuesday - great day.  Learned about the mysterious "packet" left by the judge!   

Wednesday - even better day.  After reading packet,  interpretation is I should be there on the 10th.

Thursday - hold off as they may want to push it back a week - will let me know Friday.  

Friday/Today - Wow, where do I begin?   "the problem (ah oh, here it comes) is that apparently a couple rejected two children after completing the adoption in Ekat and now it is a big scandal creating concern regarding people's commitment to these kids".  

Now, somebody (Olga I think?) thinks I should maybe stick to my original plan of 8/20 - 27 - I don't hear the rest because I interrupt to remind them that I canceled those plans at a cost of $750.00 already.   

I don't understand the difference now if I go on  the 20th of August or the 10th of September since the judge isn't there.  I don't understand why I would defy what the judge has requested of me which is to be there on the 15th.  I ask, who is concerned and bringing this up as the judge isn't even there.  I think the answer was Olga but I don't know for sure.  I said I could move my arrival up from the 10th easily enough to spend more time with the kids if that would help.  

They called the "somebody" back and came back to say that the 10th will work but we need to wait for Olga to give us exact travel dates which she will have by Monday.  

Oh, and the judge's vacation is now until 9/15 not 9/6.  When did that happen?

Nothing makes sense.  The judge's vacation was 7/30 to 9/6 - now it's until 9/15
Olga's vacation was to be 8/3 to 8/20 - yet, she's there now communicating about the packet, dates, what to do, what not to do, etc.  

It is exhausting to me though and every time I have to wait again, it feels like forever.  I know better than to get excited about any news or become hopeful.    I won't go into the "at leasts"  because I'm afraid that as soon as I do then those will change too.   Very disheartening.   And, this doesn't even take into account all the Georgia/Russia/US issues going on.  Uggghh  I thought I saw the light but it's feeling pretty dim at the moment.

This will make for a very long  weekend.  

On a OMG note - how could a family go through this process and change their minds before they even get out of the country?   I've heard details about a case that we're assuming is the same and it's pretty pathetic.  I can't say that an orphanage is a better environment to grow up in then with those "parents" but I hope somebody else finds the children soon.  



1 comment:

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Hey there - Actually, I think the judge's vacation was bumped back and because this couple had to appear before her to 'undo' what was done. Again, just hear say. But, I don't think her vacation started on time.

I hate this for you so much. I know this weekend is going to suck for you - please don't hesitate to call and vent.

Take care of yourself,

cm