Monday, August 25, 2008

Olga's confirmation - yeah!

Thankfully, nothing has changed so far.  AO called today.  As soon as I saw the call coming in I held my breath until the message was relayed.    I was relieved to hear that Olga had communicated with the agencies (Franks & AO) regarding my case.  She says she thinks it's a good idea that I be there by the 10th(!).   The message also relayed that the judge's first day back will be the 15th and that she is going to try to hold court the following week.     I guess that Olga had not received the confirmation earlier that I was going to be there on the 10th but, it's nice to get this directive from her as well.  At least I'm traveling now with some indication that there are plans to set a court date although this is basically what I was told a week or so ago before things changed again.  

The reservations are booked but not paid for - I'm waiting for the drop dead date on this as I don't want to incur any more unnecessary cancellation expenses .  We'll be flying 12 1/2 hours direct to Moscow, have a 6 hour lay-over, leave Moscow at 12:30 AM and arrive in Ekat at 5AM although it's only a 2 1/2 flight.   Total flying time will be 15 hours and door to door it should be around 25 hours.  Long trip for a 3 year old but I think Katy will do well!     It was about a 12 hour drive to Lake Tahoe with stops and she was strapped in her car seat the whole time.  She was a great little traveler - hopefully that will be the case again and she will be a role model for the twins on the way home!  One can hope anyway!  

No comments: