Monday, August 25, 2008

Par for the course

Wouldn't you know it . . . what I think is my very last adoption document ever (what I hope is), my FBI clearance letter came back in the mail today as rejected.  The computer couldn't read the prints well enough to complete the clearance.  Even though I have one card left, tomorrow I have to go out and get more to be safe and overnight them.  I sent the last one on 8/6 and only received it back today so I don't think I'll have a new one in hand before leaving in two weeks.  I'll have to make arrangements for someone else to get it and send it off to the agency and hope that all that happens before the judge returns on the 15th.  I don't think the judge will issue a court date without the updated form.  Between the two adoptions and the delays, I've done this probably 5 times and this is the first time I've had this happen - typical of this adoption so far.


1 comment:

Matt and Carla Morgan said...

Good grief. I had that problem with one of our clearances, too. Write them a desperate letter and send it with a return overnight envelope. I got our last ones back in 5 days!

I can't wait to hear about your reunion with P&V.

hugs - cm