Thursday, October 9, 2008

Day 2 as a family

Camryn and Courtney are doing great so far.  Camryn is so full of energy - almost as much as Katy but there is one difference - Camryn does sleep.  Courtney, on the other hand, seems a little dazed.  She's not feeling so well and she's very sleepy and snuggley.    But, both girls are taking all of this in stride with Camryn acting as if she's on a great adventure.  Of my three girls right now, Camryn is the one really enjoying all of this I think.  

The day began at 5 AM as Katy was up and about (7 AM Ekat time).  I was able to keep her occupied until about 7:15 when Camryn woke up and Courtney shortly followed at 7:30.  I had Katy, Camryn and myself bathed and dressed before Megan arrived (they have their own room on a separate floor - lucky!) and then was able to quickly get Courtney bathed and dressed.  I was pretty proud of myself that I got every one done on my own but I don't want to have to get up at 5 everyday to do that either!  But the routine at home will not include morning baths for all 3 girls!

We tried the buffet breakfast at the hotel and the only thing Camryn & Courtney would eat was yogurt.  Unknowingly I gave Courtney two - I thought I brought it for Camryn but I guess the group thought it was for Courtney.  Neither would eat anything else and we had little time to try to persuade them as we had to leave the hotel at 8:30 for the doctors appt.  Courtney dozed most of the way while Camryn was just excited to move around.  I held Courtney the whole time right up until the doctor needed Camryn who had been being held by Angela.  I traded girls with Angela and about 2 seconds later all the blueberry yogurt that Courtney had eaten reappeared all over Angela's sweater.  it was everywhere and a huge mess.  Angela borrowed scissors and cut her sweater off because it was beyond repair and we quickly borrowed enough clothes from Camryn's outfit to get Courtney back to the hotel.  It's pretty cold here so we're all back in winter gear which didn't help the situation any.  

Courtney seemed to be feeling better so we walked with our 3 borrowed strollers down the street to TGIF's and attempted a lunch.  In my opinion, it was a disaster and I won't be attempting that again until I have a little more control.  Katy was the most challenging with her behavior but that, added to Camryn's energy, made it a little too crazy for me.  None of the 3 girls ate anything while there and we pretty well trashed the table and under the table with paper, crayons, spilled milk and little toys the staff had given the girls.  We had to walk up about 4 flights of stairs with the girls and strollers so it really wasn't worth it.  We then went to a store and bought some baby food in hopes that we can just stay here quietly and get some nutrition into the girls. 

Right now they're all sleeping peacefully - amazingly, Katy followed suit and is napping with them.  Megan and Angela are off to Red Square and are hoping to squeeze a little bit of site seeing in.  We're at the Marriott Grand which seems to be a great location - especially in comparison to where I stayed my last two visits.  This City is really great - very international with many more polite people and even many who speak english.  It doesn't feel foreign at all - could be New York or Paris or any other international city.

Tomorrow we have to pick up the visas and then we're done.  Just catch the plane on Saturday and we can start working on our adjustments, routines, nutrition, attitudes (Katy) etc.  I'm really looking forward to that!   It will be so good to get all 3 in a routine that they can rely and depend on.   We're almost to the finish line!





No comments: