Friday, October 10, 2008

We're coming home

We had our appointment today at the embassy and it went fine.  Very efficient compared to 3 years ago.  There was a line outside in the cold but we didn't have to stand in it - it didn't seem any of the adoptive parents had to.  We were gone for 3 hours but it didn't feel like it.  Katy stayed at the hotel with Angela which was easy too as she was napping when we left.  The girls were also napping so I woke them, got them dressed and snuck out before Katy woke up, in fact, she slept for about an hour after we left.

Both girls did great while waiting for our turn.  Then during the 30 minutes it took between interview and receiving visas, Mimi took them to a play area for a while.  They played very well with the other kids and when I walked out they got up and walked toward me.   Mimi got to talk to lots of people adopting and she really enjoyed that.  Katy did fine while we were gone - seems to be used to it and I think she may secretly enjoy the quiet time on her own with Angela or Mimi.   

Right now Angela and Mimi are gone getting some take out food and I'm in the room with the 3 girls.  I decided to get some formula for Courtney and it's working wonders.  Jane got us one bottle and Camryn wants it to so we're having to share but Courtney is like a different kid now.  In fact, she just asked for more of it and drank another 5 ounces so things are looking up.  Camryn really likes it too but she's also eating baby food and doing well with that.  They don't have much interest in whole food but at least they're getting some nutrition right now.

We're being picked up tomorrow at 10:30 AM and then we're on the way home.  It should be a good and fast trip home - one 12.5 hour flight then a 2 1/2 hour drive.  Easy compared to what we've been doing. 

Both girls are playing right now and Katy occasionally plays with them.  At the moment she's watching TV and I just got done giving more formula to them.  They want to go to bed but I'm keeping them up a little while longer and then all 3 will go down.  Their last night in Russia. 

So, this is my last adoption blog and, like Carla, I will update on how the girls are doing once we get home.  I've heard that you can print your blog and save them for the children so I'm going to look into doing that.  Please add any comments soon so they can enjoy them when they're older.

 It's been almost 11 months getting to this point but by tomorrow afternoon Camryn & Courtney will be US Citizens!

  

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Congrats on your final step at the Embassy! You must be so excited. Have a safe trip home and I look forward to many updates and photos of the girls.
Melissa

Laura said...

Since you'll be arriving in our "hood" tomorrow, I wish I knew when you would be arriving (and on which airline!) so I could greet you for 5 minutes and give you an extra hand!! If you get this message by some miracle before you depart Moscow, e-mail me with the info.

Otherwise, I'll catch up with you later. You're almost home, Courtney and Camryn!

Anonymous said...

Hurrah!!!!!
Welcome home and to the USA Camryn and Courtney. We have missed you Lori and Katy!!!!!!!
The photos are soooo cute and ALL YOUR girls are adorable(of course we already knew that) The photo of Katy and her sister on the bed let me see how close in height they are. Wow!!! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you after your return.
Have a safe and hopefully relaxing flight. Your GANG from Old Julian Ranch

Anonymous said...

So glad you are almost here! I can't wait to see you and Katy and to meet the girls. I am sure you will be frazzled when you first get home, so let me know when you are up for visitors, or if you need anything. I love all the pictures and am looking forward to seeing more. Have a wonderful return trip and I will see you soon!
Chris

Anonymous said...

Lori,

You did it again! You are bringing home two beautiful girls who, with Katy, are the luckiest girls in the world. I have shared this blog with many people and we all say that reading about the experiences you have gone through and looking at the beautiful pictures brings tears of joy and happiness for your family. You are a wonderful person, mom and friend.

Angela and Megan,

Thank you so much for sharing this experience with Lori and her three girls. You are now bonded with these girls and will always be a part of their family.

I will say I am a bit jealous that I couldn't experience this adventure. As I did experience Katy's adoption I know how special this time has been for you. Again, thank you!

Camryn and Courtney,

Welcome home! You will soon know how special and loved you are by many people...mommy, sister, family and friends. We can't wait to meet you and to be a part of your lives.

And last but not least...Katy! You are an amazing girl...I felt it the first time I saw you. You are a big sister now and I know you will teach your sisters everything you know (Yes, mom...EVERYTHING!). You will protect them as the love you will have for them will be like none other.

Be safe on your journey home. I can't wait to see you all on 10/23.

Your friend, Stacy Stuart