Thursday, August 14, 2008

Back to waiting

Today I cancelled the flights for next week's trip and prepared the itinerary for the trip in September after spending at least an hour on the phone with Expedia and Lufthansa.   After incurring a $750.00 fee for cancellations and learning the refund would take 2 to 3 "billing cycles", I then spent a long time on the phone with Enroute Travel.  I thought that I had it all done.    Prior to booking I sent the itinerary to AO for their input and received an email back saying to hold off - they may have us travel a week later than the 9/10 arrival.  That is disappointing as I want to get the reservations booked and I'm so afraid that things are going to continue being delayed.   So far though, nothing really has changed except for the interpretation of the judge's notes, the translation and the communication between Olga in Russia, Franks, AO and me.   I, of course, would rather get there sooner then later and just have the extra week with the girls which is what I told AO.  Hopefully, tomorrow we'll have a concrete plan.

No comments: