Wednesday, August 13, 2008

So far so good

Based on experience, I am holding my breath until the moment I walk out of the courtroom in Ekaterinburg.  Anything could happen between now and then and it will be one phone call delivering the news so I'm hoping now to not hear anything more from the agency, the judge or anyone in Russia!  That's a change!  I'm worried about the situation in Georgia and have been following it closely.  My concern is that as the US becomes more involved, the already fragile relationship will become completely broken.  If this happens, it would seem possible that they may pull the visas and not allow the adoptions to proceed.   Always something to worry about.

As for today, I did receive another phone call and it was with even better news then yesterday.   Supposedly Olga has had a chance to read through the judge's request, relay that information to Franks in No. Carolina who then relayed it to AO in San Diego who then called me with it . . . maybe that's part of the problem - too many middle people.   Apparently, the judge more specifically requested that I be there no later than the 10th and that she is shooting for a court date of 9/16!  So that would have us leaving by the 8th.  She doesn't get back until the 6th which is a Saturday and I would like to already be on a plane so that she can't say not to come - not that she couldn't do that after we arrive but . . . 

I'm planning to call the airlines tomorrow and see what I can salvage.  In the meantime, I received the passports today with the visas for the 8/20 trip and now need to send them back.  That was another $600 down the drain but, in the long run, I'll be saving a lot of money by not having to pay drivers & translators for another trip.

So that's the story for today - hopefully nothing changes between now and 9/16!   

No comments: