Tuesday, August 12, 2008

When you least expect it . . .

Today AO called and said that prior to leaving on vacation the judge had prepared a packet for Olga.  Unfortunately, Olga left for her vacation prior to receiving the packet and returned yesterday to find it.  Apparently it included a request for the girls documents to be delivered along with me and my updated documents by September 15th!  And somewhere in there it said something about needing me there to spend the "official" time with the girls prior to a court date toward the end of September!  What a shock - this is the first time since March that I have not been expecting to hear news from the judge and now I get it while she's not there!  Of course, I've already paid for my tickets to go visit next week but I'll have to leave around 9/12 to get there by the 15th so there's no point in going just to turn around and return a few days later. Visas and flights will have to be changed now but I am so excited that instead of going and having to tell them goodbye again, I'll be going back to get them and start our new lives together!  Hopefully, I'll get more details tomorrow and can start making arrangements!  

No comments: